About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Does Frankie Inspire Kids?


Photo of Frankie with a thank you booklet she received from 2nd grade class in PA
Question submitted by Maxwell, age 10


What a wonderful questions, Maxwell. Well, I have to believe that I do. I know for sure I have inspired you and all the kids at the school in Canada!! That really makes me very happy. I know many kids love me when they meet me and they tell all their friends about me. That makes my heart feel all mushy inside... mushy is a good feeling, just so you know.

We each have the ability and opportunity to always inspire those around us just by being good human beings... and err, in my case, a good dog. It is not that hard to do. Just be kind to everyone you meet. And do something nice for someone everyday without expecting anything in return. Now that is inspiring!! Arf-a-roo!

2 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

So cute:)
I love the booklet!
Frankie is a very special dog

Frankie's trainer...(the other Frankie)

Andrea said...

Amen, Frankie!!