About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do You Wish You Never went on Vacation?

Question submitted by Harpal, age 9

Wow, such profound questions. My mom and papa were on vacation in Florida when I hurt myself, so they came right home after they heard I was hurt. I sure am glad they were here with me after my surgery. I'll let mom answer your question, Harpal...

Even if we had not gone on vacation the likelihood of Frankie hurting herself was great. Frankie suffers from IVDD which stands for Intervertebral Disc Disease. This is considered a genetic disease, meaning she had the disease and the chances of her rupturing a disk were great. It just happened to happen while we were on vacation. So no, I don't wish we had never gone on vacation. I do wish though this had happened while we were home and Frankie was not at the kennel. The nice lady, Yvonne at the kennel where Frankie stayed was so sad it happened there and thought it was her fault. I have told her many times it is not her fault and I never blamed her. I still don't blame her nor will I ever blame her.

No comments: