About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Book Review: Animals and the Kids Who Love Them

As I read about the bond between children and pets in "Animals and the Kids Who Love Them" I felt my heart ooze with joy as tears streamed down my face. In a world, that at times, can be full of heartache and uncertainty, I often wonder about the future of our children. 
Reading this book, I found hope in the creatures that God created who are helping to shape the lives of our young generation- animals who provide comfort, unconditional love, and a safe place for kids to just be themselves. It gave me hope that as long as we continue to respect and honor that bond, and allow it to work its magic, that there is always hope for our children's futures.

I am in awe and gratitude for the countless number of people who give of their time and dedication to bring children together with animals, giving them experiences they may have never gotten. Enriching their lives through loving a furry pal who they can share all their secrets with, and who will never judge them.

I've personally witnessed the profound magic that can happen between a child and an animal as the mom to Frankie the Walk `N Roll Dog, my special needs pet, and her close bond with a special needs little boy named Jackson(featured in the book). As I read the other stories in this book, I felt a soulful connection with each of the people who have had the distinct honor of seeing that same amazing bond- there is nothing quite like it.

Bravo to Linda and Allen Anderson for putting together a collection of stories that will grab hold of your heart and never let go... and how enriched your life will become after you share in the delight and wonder of the bond between child and animal.
~Barbara Techel, Award-winning author of Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog book series

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: