About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Friday, November 11, 2011

114 Frankie Books Going to Jefferson Elementary School

114 books signed by my mom, author Barbara Techel and pawtographed by me ready for delivery to Jefferson Elementary School!

My mom, Barbara Techel and I love doing author visits to schools in our state of Wisconsin (we also do Skype visits!) Sharing my PAWSitive message with students is very rewarding!  Today I am very excited to be visiting the 2nd and 6th grade students of Jefferson Elementary school.

When my mom and I started visiting schools almost 4 years ago, Jefferson Elementary was one of the first schools we visited. At the time the 6th graders were in 2nd grade. So now I get to see them once again and share updates about what I've been up to (like my therapy dog work which my mom wrote about in my newest book, Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House.)

And to top off what is already going to be a special day, one of the parents generously paid for a copy of each of my books to be given to each 2nd and 6th grade student. How arf-a-roo wonderful is that?!??  My mom and I were very, very touched.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Zev said...

That's exciting to get to see the same kids again a few years later. Did they remember you?

Barbara Techel said...

Zev- it was very exciting to see the kids again! And yes, they remembered me and the librarian said they were soooo excited to see me again. As you can imagine, that just made my little heart go pitter, patter. ;)