About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Frankie's Disabled Animal Rescue & Resource Page

So fellow dog author, Dayna Hilton told me about a wonderful thing SurfDog Ricochet started in helping bring awareness to animals in need with a special Facebook page dedicated to just that... and it got me thinking.


Because my mission, along with the help of my rolling dog, Frankie, is to bring positive awareness to animals with special needs, especially those with IVDD (Intevertebral Disc Disease), I thought, wow, I could start a page for Frankie to try and help disabled animals find forever, loving homes.  Now that just made my heart sing, so I jumped right on it!


This Facebook page, Frankie's Disabled Animal Rescue and Resource Page is for all rescuers who help special needs pets to find forever and loving homes to post those pets that need just that.  We also want this page to be a helpful resource page for those living with disabled pets.  Because of the attention Frankie has gotten and continues to gain, I felt this would be a wonderful way to try and help more animals!
Please share with rescuers you know!  Each of us can help make a difference in these special needs pets lives and the many blessings they bring, just by passing this information along.  Thank you so much!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey,

What a great idea! I'll be a Frankie Fan!

Let me do that right now!

Suzanne Lieurance
National Writing for Children Center
http://www.writingforchildrencenter.com