About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3rd Grader Shares Thoughts about Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog book

As part of a wonderful program at a school in Wisconsin, the focus for the school this year is about "Bucketfilling."  Giving back each and every day.  As part of the program they have invited me to share my story (with a little help from my mom since I can't talk human!).

In December I snuggled in my mom's lap while she read my first book Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog to a gymnasium full of kids via Skype.  Jan. 17th mom will read my 2nd book via Skype Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House which has many bucketfilling lessons!

Getting ready to share my story via Skype in mom's writing studio

After the reading in December the students had to write something about the first book and here is what Carrie, in third grade, had to say:


Frankie the Walk ' Roll Dog is about a dog named Frankie and how one day her owner goes to Florida, leaves her at a kennel, and when she jumps up to get some food, she falls and loses feeling in her back legs and needs a dog cart.  I think that this book is a five star book for family friendliness and you should get it right away!!


Wonderful, Carrie!  Arf-a-roo!  My mom and I are really looking forward to our visit with all of you again via Skype in a few days, as well as our in person (and dog!) visit in May!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: