About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cesar's Way Magazine Features Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog

I'm so happy for my pal, Sparkles.. So happy in fact, I did wheelies in my wheelchair!! Her story of all the wonderful work she has done in helping keep kids safe from fires is in the wildly popular Cesar Milan's magazine in the July issue on newsstands soon. Be sure to get yourself a copy-- I can't believe all the good things that have happened for Sparkles (and me!) since we both met in April--as mom would say, "What divine timing it all was."  Ok, sure mom, not sure what that means... just arf-a-roo happy for Sparkles! 

Mom had the honor of receiving a sneak preview of this inspiring article. As I sat nestled in my periwinkle bed, my periwinkle star blankie covering me, Mom read me Sparkles story. Her voice cracked reading the last paragraph and she had to pause before going on... I licked her hand to say, "It's okay to cry Mommy." Mom said the story touched her so because of how hard Sparkles' and her mom have worked to keep kids safe-- they are passionate about their mission and it shows in all they do-- as well as the lives they have saved, which is outlined beautifully in the story written by writer, Rick Markham.

And the best part of all for families are the fire safety tips highlighted in the story! You'll want to cut them out, along with Sparkles awesome picture and paste to your refrigerator.

Congratulations, Sparkles! I wish you were here so I could hug you-- sending all our virtual love.

For more on this exciting story be sure to visit Sparkles the Fire Safety Blog.
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful emotions! You can sure tell that you love your friend Sparkles! I can't wait to get my copy!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful emotions! It's wonderful to see the caring that you have for your friend Sparkles. I can't wait to get my copy!

In loving memory of Lilly said...

I am reading a book called every dog has a gift and I just came across Frankie's story!!! I decided to check out the website and well I think it's great! Tell Frankie that I said Hi! : )

In loving memory of Lilly said...

Frankie is a great dog! : )

In loving memory of Lilly said...

My friend has a black dachsund named Nina! Dogs Rule!

In Loving memory of Lilly said...

This is a great website!

Barbara Techel said...

Devri- I do love my friend Sparkles! And thanks In Loving Memory of Lilly for stopping by and loving my website!

Frankie