About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Frankie Raises Money for Alzheimer's Association with New Children's Book

It was a very special day on Sunday- no naps for me, which I usually do. But I had a very special engagement with my mom, papa and all the residents and their families at Libby's House. In case you are wondering, Libby's House is a senior assisted living facility.


Some of the residents have trouble remembering things, or sometimes even their own families. I know that is sad, but to cheer them up, I visit with them once a month. They have all become dear friends. That is why my mom and I wrote my new book, Frankie, the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House. In this very special book I tell you all about how I became a registered therapy dog through Therapy Dogs Incorporated and all the friends I make at Libby's House.

David and Tina Thill owners of Libby's House offered to host launching our new book officially out into the world. Tracy, Certified Senior Adviser, and promotional extraordinare helped in promoting the event. I was able to put my pawtograph on many books sold and donate $200 to the Alzheimer's Association. That made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy, just like when I visit with my friends at Libby's House.

We are very grateful to Libby's House for helping us launch our new book!!

My papa workin' the book table


Co-owner of Libby's House, Tina, me and my mom


Co-owner of Libby's House, Tina, me and Certified Senior Adviser, Tracy


Mom, papa and me


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: