About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frankie Inspires Wheelie Magnets from Silly Dog Magnets

Have I got some hot-diggity pawsome news for you!!  Brianna Lenox is a way cool artist who happens to love dogs... AND she really loves dachshunds and her best pal is, yup, you guessed it, a doxie named Chris P. Critter (is that cute, or what?).

Brianna, along with Chris P. Critter as her main inspiration, and right paw partner, started their own fun business called, Silly Dog Magnets.  Mom and I first heard about them on Who's Your Dachshund (dare I say our favorite doxie blog?) where her doxie magnets were featured.

After mom saw them she got so excited I couldn't contain her!  She was madly typing on the keyboard.. .and before I knew it she was hootin' and hollerin!  I perked my ears to say, "Hey Mom, what's going on?" 

"Oh Frankie", she said.  "You'll never believe this!" 

I wanted to say, "Try me," but patiently awaited her answer.

"Brianna from Silly Dog Magnets liked my idea to make magnets with doggie wheelchairs on them!" 

So, that is the exciting news, as you see in the photo above!!  These magnets are inspired after me!  Isn't that way cool?  We will have them available on our website in the near future, but if you just have to have a set right now, we say head on over to Brianna's Etsy sight and get yourself a set!

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Taffy said...

Frankie,
I saw those on Who's your doxie this morning and I am in love with those. I'm so happy you inspired her to make some that look like you ;o)
Snuggles,
Twix

Barbara Techel said...

Thanks, Twix!! Stay tuned for an exclusive Frankie item we will have soon!!

Snuggles to you too, Twix!

Frankie

xica biega said...

Hello Frankie !We love the magnets!

Barbara Techel said...

Hi Xica! Frankie pins coming soon! Stay tuned...

Frankie