About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best Christmas Gift of 2009




Mom and I gave a copy of my newest book, Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House to each of my "cousins" on Christmas Eve. My Dad is the only boy in his family with 5 sisters, so the family get togethers can be very loud and fun. But that didn't stop my cousins from sitting in the middle of the living room floor reading my new book. How hot-diggity cool is that??!! It made this dog feel very, very special.

I gave them each an extra copy so they too can make a difference, like one of the theme's of my book talks about. So Mom gave them suggestions on how they could donate the extra book, or to come up with an idea of their own.

So here are pictures of my cousins... they are the BEST and this was the BEST Christmas Gift of 2009!!


















No comments: