About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Disabled Dachshund Found in Puppy Mill

I thought my heart would break reading this story about Rainbow the dachshund who was paralyzed and the breeder kept making her have puppies. This makes me very, very, very sad. I'm going to open up my piggy bank and send her new, kind caretakers some money so they can help her feel better again. If you have some spare change, I know it would help Rainbow.

Here is the article and where you can send donations.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This makes me furious! People who do things like this should be "severely" punished.
andrea

Barbara Techel said...

I know, Andrea... there is absolutely no excuse what-so-ever for this!

Frankie