Ok, Ok, I promised my mom I would be a really, really, really good dog if she will make me this doggie carrot cake... hey, wait a minute... I'm always a really good dog! Start baking, Mom! Arf-a-roo! Oh, how I love carrots!! crunch, crunch, crunch! (btw: She found this on line from Guideposts)
Doggie Carrot Cake
Ingredients1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon soy flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼-½ cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup honey
1 cup baby carrots, grated or ground
1. Combine flours, baking soda and peanut butter.
2. Mix in egg, oil, vanilla, honey and carrots until well combined.
3. Pour mixture into a 9x9-inch cake pan.
4. Bake at 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
Eat your carrots! WOOF!
- Barbara Techel
- Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.