About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Frankie, Wheels and Snow

Question submitted by Kristen, Age 9

How does Frankie get around in the deep snow?

Two words: I don't. One of the best things about having wheels is that I don't have to go outside in the winter anymore to "do my thing" (that means going potty, since mom trained me to go on the toilet). I never did like the cold and the snow... burrrr... just too cold for a dog with 4-inch legs and belly so close to the ground. Though when I did have to go outside and "do my thing" my papa always shoveled a path for me, so I could run out fast, pee & poo, and then run like the dickens back into the house!
And besides that I don't have snow tires for my wheels, so I am lucky and stay cozy and happy in front of the gas fireplace all winter long. I know it's rough, but someones gotta do it, so might as well be me.
PS: Be sure and check out the post below about my new friend with wheels with the same name as me!!

No comments: