About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

For the Love of Dachshunds

Thank you to our friend, Vicki, for sending me this very touching article, Dachshund not short on love in the San Francisco Chronicle about a dachshund named Frank.
Dd-pet15_ph_0503590137_part6 


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Katie said...

You should have warned me not to read this at work, Frankie! Now I hope none of my co-workers walk by and see the tears in my eyes. Such an amazing story. I'm glad Frank had 15 wonderful years.

Hannalei said...

Oh my goodness that's a tear jerker and a half. Thanks for sharing.

Claudia Zurc said...

Hi there Frankie,
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of true love. As always, your stories are tear jerkers. My eyes welled up with tears reading the story of Frank. I am happy to know he was dearly loved by his family and all the people that he came in contact with. He had a good life indeed.
Have a great weekend!
XOXO
Claudia

Barbara Techel said...

So glad everyone enjoyed this story, even though I should have warned you about getting a tissue first. Arf.

Frankie