About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Smile Pretty!

My mom insisted I have my picture taken with the book my story is featured in, which was just released, "Dogs and the Women Who Love Them." Hint:  I don't mind having my photo taken, but pretend I do.  That's the naughty side of me.
The stories in this book made my mom, laugh, cry and hug me even closer than she usually does!  We will have them available for sale on our website soon... your chance to get an autographed copy if you'd like!  Stay tuned...


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thatis a very awesome pose Frankie. I love animals soo much and when I read about you this morning in Every Dog Has A Gift it touched my heart. Is it frustrating at times not being able to use your back legs? Me and my friend have a group dedicated to animals and helping PAWS. We have a goal set: to collect $100, so far we've collected $7 but we're still proud, we hope we'll be able to help dogs like you! We have a blog to, its called KHA4PAWS.blogspot.com. So far its only two of us, I hope when I tell my friends about you it gives them inspiration to help our group or just help. Thank You Frankie for giving me more hope for animals.
Emily

Barbara Techel said...

Hi Emily-
I don't get frustrated with my back legs because I have tires to help me move around! I can also sort of hop like a rabbit now because over the years my wheelchair has helped me with that.
What a wonderful thing you are doing in helping animals! Arf-a-roo! Sound like you are on your way doing wonderful things! Way to go!

Your pal,
Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog

Anonymous said...

Thanks!