About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Meet Ms. Eloise

Mom and I hear from many dachshund pet parents who are going through what we went through 3 1/2 years ago when I became paralyzed.  It can be a tough road... but we are alwasy here to give others hope... and when they find me and see there is hope, there is nothing greater then getting an email from them telling me how happy I made them, knowing that yes, there is hope after their own dog has hurt their back.  Many of the dogs we hear from do walk again (woo hoo!) and some end up in cool wheelchairs like I have and go on to live a wonderful life.  Recently we heard from Ms. Eloise, who is just the cutest ever!  She is a wire-haired dachshund.  While I have straight short hair, she has sassy curls that I am envious of. 
At any rate, she recently hurt her back, but is coming along nicely and very hopeful she will walk again.  What is so great about Ms. Eloise is she has a handsome brother who is helping her feel better every day.  So I just had to share these great photos with you from Ms. Eloise... and oh yes, her mom, Karen who helped send them.  So always know... there is always, always hope.



Ms. Eloise at the hospital



I am a sad girl



Little loving from my mom when home from hospital.  Look at the big "zipper" in my back!



My brother Mr. Puppy moves close by to keep me company



Mr. Puppy exhausted from taking such good care of me



Mr. Puppy wants in...



and in he comes for snuggle and cuddle time



My new red wheels which mom moves me around for different views



Looking out window for squirrels... I love my new red wheels!



Brother likes my wheels



Relaxing with Dad... how lucky we both are to have such loving pet parents as I heal

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers Ms. Eloise!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inspiring and persevering! You bring such joy to your family! You will be in our prayers, sweet angel!
Love from Cheryl Kaletka, Holland, MI

Barbara Techel said...

Thank you Cheryl for sharing your prayers and love with Ms. Eloise and her family. She is just so darn cute, isn't she?

Frankie's mom,
Barbara

Unknown said...

Cheryl........Maybe will you see Miss Eloise this summer if you come to Saugatuck!! Eloise and Mr. Puppy spend their summer there and are often on walks downtown!
Eloise's Mom