About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts on Frankie's Wheels

Question submitted by Kaiden, age 10

What is it like having wheels?

That is a very good question Kaiden. I'm so glad to have wheels. I'm very thankful for Eddie's Wheels who made my custom cart for me. If I didn't have wheels I couldn't zoom around the yard very fast. I can also go on walks with my mom, papa and yellow lab sister, Kylie because I have my wheels. Otherwise I would have to stay home and then I would be sad. Years and years ago they didn't make wheels for dogs with spinal injuries. My mom and I are grateful for all the companies that make them now. My wheels have given me a life I never dreamed of. It is so fun and wonderful to meet kids. It is also so nice to be able to visit people in the hospital and cheer up the elderly in nursing homes. They always smile when they see me rolling through the door! So having wheels is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I will always be grateful my mom and dad bought them for me. I love them very much.

2 comments:

Bugbug said...

Dear Frankie..From the grade 5's. Can you use other types of wheels such as monster truck wheels on your cart? Maybe your Dad can make you a monster truck cart some day!

Barbara Techel said...

Wow, that would be way cool to have monster truck wheels! But I fear my feet wouldn't even touch the ground!