About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Frankie the same or different?

Frankie, are you the same as other dogs or are you different in some ways?
Question submitted by Olivia, Grade 3 from Wisconsin

Wow, Olivia this is a great question. Just like people, dogs are all different too, but we are also the same in many ways. I am like many dogs in that I like to bark, eat my kibble, run and play and take naps. The way in which I am different is that I need the help of my doggie wheelchair to get around. But I am the same me just like I was before I hurt my legs. Nothing has changed about me except I just need the help of my wheels to help me walk. That's all.
Just like some people need a wheelchair to help them so that makes them different. Everyone is different just like dogs. Some people have blonde hair, some have brown. Some dogs have red hair, while some have brown. Some have blue eyes, some green or brown. Some people are short or tall and some dogs are tall or short like me!
Hope that answers your question, Olivia! Thanks for such a great one.

No comments: