About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Monday, December 19, 2011

1st grader got Frankie's Positive Message in a Beautiful Way

Recently I visited first graders at Longfellow Elementary school in Wisconsin. As many of you know part of my story is to help encourage children to be positive even when facing challenges.

After my mom was done sharing my story and the kids settled in for reading time, as we packed up, one little girl asked the teacher if she could go to her locker. She said she had something for me. She ran to her locker and came bounding back in the room with a big smile, handed it to my mom and said, "This is for Frankie!"


The teacher noticed what she gave me and told my mom and me that the kids get these "passes" when they do good things. They then get to turn those in for chances at prizes each month. To think she gave up a chance to share her positive pass with me that would mean she might not win a prize is so special for so many reasons. It's one of the bestest gifts I have ever gotten!

To learn more about Frankie's books that help teach children to be positive and make a difference check out the right hand side of her blog. Or check out the books on our Joyful Paws website (we have a really good special running now through Christmas!)  All books ordered through our website are autographed with inscription and pawtographed by Frankie.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: