About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Special Needs Pet Feature: Rosie


Summer 2011 014
What is your pet's name?
Rosabelle  Degli Angeli Neri, but we simly call her Rosie, (pet names Rosie posie or Ruskuss)

How old is your pet?
She is almost 3.5 years old


Where did you get your pet?
From a well known Newfoundland breeder (Emmy Bruno)

What is your pet's physical challenge?
She was born with a miniature front paw which was later reabsorbed into the wrist

What is your pet's favorite thing to do?
Laying on the fountain step with her sister Nana and watch people pass and bark at them if they get too near the gates, or  sleeping on her back

What is your pet's favorite thing to eat? 
Fish (she gets cod once or twice a week) and “cosine buone” (little treats)

What do you love most about your pet?
Her determination not to be left behind or excluded from anything, her courage and attachment to me and her sis.

What has your pet most taught you?
To be strong and fight when things get rough, never to give in, to love unconditionally.

Anything else you’d like to share?
She thinks she is a lap dog and now and then she half jumps on my knees when I am seated, wrap her only front paw around me and lays her head on my breast and just stays there, looking at me as if saying “I love you, Mom”
Half jumps means that she keeps her hind paws on the floor and only her trunk and big big head are resting on me.

 ***If you care for a special needs pet and would like your pet featured, please email me through my website contact. Send a photo and I will forward the questionnaire for your pet to be featured in an upcoming post.***


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Rosie is a beauty! She's lucky to have a loving home.