About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Come Meet Me at GermanFest in Milwaukee, WI!!...Sunday, July 25th

Two years ago my papa dressed me up like a train and mom and papa took me to GermanFest where oodles of doxie's were dressed in many costumes... it was an awesome day!  I'm happy to say I won a blue ribbon for my costume!!  Mom and papa brought me to the event to help spread awareness that despite me having IVDD and in a wheelchair, I am a happy pup.  Happy, happy indeed!


This year we will be heading back to GermanFest on Sunday, July 25th.  The festivities begin at noon.  We will have a table set up and I'll be pawtographing my books and donating a portion of proceeds to Dodgerslist.  I can't wait to see all the wiener dogs!!  So stop on by if you can and say hi.  Sure would love to meet you and say ARF!  Check out GermanFest website for my details!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

McMel said...

that sounds way more fun than the germanfest we went to this past weekend!!! we're only about an hour from milwaukee, but we're busy this weekend!! come to illinois, Frankie!!