About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Still Your Dog poem

Ok, friends, this is a arf-a-roo of a poem I must share with you! My mom especially likes this poem and always turns into a mush bucket when she reads it... guess it makes her think of me... and cause she loves me so much, she gets all sappy. Oh mom!

I'm Still Your Dog

Because I'm "just a dog" you see, I don't sigh and say, "why me?" I just face it- go on livin' and play the hand that I've been given.

I need you more now, that is true, for there are things I just can't do. The ball you throw I can't catch- I can't even lift my leg to scratch.

It's embarrassing a little- that I may need your help to piddle. But if our roles they were reverse, I'd be proud to be your nurse.

But hey, I love you more than ever. Me, give up? Well yeah, like never. I don't regret what cannot be- with you my friend, I'll just me me!

I'm still me within my soul where it counts, I still am whole. My back is bent and I'm quite lame, but in my heart I'm still the same.

by Julia Wrigley Smith


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: